Hurricane season is upon us. Are you prepared? There are a number of items to check to help make sure your business is safe:
- Make sure that computers and other critical electronic systems and wires are OFF the floor where they can be affected by flood waters.
- Check with your insurance agent that you are covered for weather related outages.
- Do you have a Business Continuity plan? What happens if the power in your office goes out for an extended time? Who is in responsible for what? Update your employee contact list.
- Unplug any non-essential appliances to protect them from power surges. Make sure all systems, including desktop PC’s have a UPS/Surge protector. Unplug any printers.
- Finally, if you want us to remotely power off your servers when the storm approaches, let us know right away. Someone in your office will need to power on the equipment after the storm has passed.
If you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help you prepare for or recover from a storm, please just give us a call at 866-525-8324 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.