How vulnerable is your organization?
The challenge of data security is real and requires your attention and efforts as a business owner. And there are costs involved. If you are a small business owner or executive, chances are when you did your budgeting for next year your cybersecurity line item isn’t large enough – probably because no one helped you understand where to start.
Here are several areas that need to be included in your technology budget:
- Implement multi-factor authentication (MFA) on your various systems. MFA is the security system that requires more than one method of authentication from independent credentials to access a system. More and more large companies are implementing this to access their web portals, like Amazon, Gmail and Verizon. Your IT partner can help you implement this on your email and other portal based systems.
- Anti-phishing training simulations. These simulations will help your employees recognize the risks and help you understand which employees might be at a greater risk.
- Make sure your backups are working. Test, test, test.
- Upgrade your firewall to a business grade system. Business grade firewalls can provide you with not just greater protection, but also with greater insight into what is happening on your network.
- Be vigilant. Read more about cybersecurity. Speak with your insurance agent. And meet with your technology partner. They can audit your system and find the areas that need attention, and hopefully implement programs to mitigate the risks.
If you are looking for more information on what you can do to protect your systems and data, VPSG is here to help. Give us a call and we will help you understand your risks and options to strengthen your cybersecurity.