Are you prepared for Hurricane Florence? This is now a category 4 storm and is expected to affect our area Thursday night and into the weekend. The latest forecast cone suggests the state could miss the brunt of the storm but still see significant rainfall, possible flooding and tropical storm-force winds.
There are a number of items to check to help make sure your business is safe throughout this event:
- Make sure that computers and other critical electronic systems and wires are OFF the floor where they can be affected by flood waters.
- Check with your insurance agent that you are covered for weather related outages.
- Do you have a Business Continuity plan? What happens if the power in your office goes out for an extended time? Who is in responsible for what? Update your employee contact list.
- Unplug any non-essential appliances to protect them from power surges. Make sure all systems, including desktop PC’s have a UPS/Surge protector. Unplug any printers.
- Finally, if you want us to remotely power off your servers when the storm approaches, let us know right away. We plan to let our employees get home to their families too, so we ask that you let us know by close of business Wednesday. Someone in your office will need to power on the equipment after the storm has passed.
If you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help you prepare for or recover from this, please just give us a call at 866-525-8324 or send an email to email@example.com.
We wish you all the best as we all weather the storm!