HELP US TO HELP YOU with this slick TOOL TIP!
Ever had a technical issue that you wish you could record so your IT Helpdesk can witness what you keep seeing? You can with the “Record Steps to Reproduce a Problem” feature available in Windows 7. This nifty tool goes beyond a simple screenshot and actually records the onscreen actions to help the IT department diagnose the issue. Here’s how to use the feature:
- Using the SEARCH feature in Windows 7 (available from the START Windows button in the bottom left corner of your screen), type in: Record Steps to Reproduce a Problem
- Click the link that displays will launch the application and put the control panel windows on your screen (see the screenshot below).
- Click Start Record and then click through the process to recreate the error you are having.
- When finished, hit Stop Record and a Save As window will pop open.
- Save the file (MHTML format i.e. web page format) and then send the recording as an email attachment to your IT Helpdesk.